LAKELAND, FLORIDA (October 18, 2017) — On Saturday, November 11, ten of your employees can run/walk the 5k event and compete against other organizations your size (small, medium or large) for bragging rights and possession of the traveling trophy for a year! Other employees can participate by making pledges to the existing runners which supports bullying and drug prevention in Polk County.
Our 2016 Corporate Challenge Champions, Allen & Company’s PHAT Assets team, dares other corporate teams to participate. Robin Chaddick, PHAT Assets team member and Director of Marketing at Allen of Company, says, “Bring your best game, Lakeland! We plan to keep the trophy!”
The trophies for the Corporate Challenge will be presented at the BIG Event by the Lakeland Chamber, at Lake Mirror that evening. Call the InnerAct Alliance if you need help setting up team!
Registration online: http://www.redribbonhalf.com/
Fees: $400 – by October 30; $500 – from October 31 – November 11
For questions & information: InnerAct Alliance, 621 South Florida Avenue, Lakeland, FL 33801 – TeamRedRibbon@inneractalliance.org – Tel: (863) 802-0777
What is the BIG Event?
Saturday, November 11, 2017, 4:00 pm – 10:00 pm
The BIG Event Lakeland is a free music fest featuring local businesses, makers, and delicious food! The event kicks off with the Red Ribbon Run Corporate Award and the Watson Clinic Poster Contest Award, immediately followed by a special Salute to Veterans by Green Construction. Then enjoy nonstop entertainment! Celebrate the best of Lakeland at this FREE music fest! The Lakeland Chamber of Commerce in partnership with InnerAct Alliance and Big Brothers Big Sisters of Tampa Bay present the second annual BIG Event Lakeland – and theme Pirates on the Promenade for 2017! The iconic and historical Frances Ford Langford Promenade at Lake Mirror Amphitheatre is the perfect backdrop for local fun on Saturday, November 11, 2017, from 4:00 pm to 10:00 pm!
What’s there to do?
- Honor our Veterans at our Salute to Veterans by Green Construction!
- Red Ribbon Corporate & CEO Run & Awards – compete against last year’s winner Allen & Company of Florida, and their team “Phat Assets,” for the coveted traveling trophy!
- Enter the Watson Clinic BIG Event Poster Contest with theme Pirates on the Promenade – open to all ages!
- Enjoy live local music until 8pm, then a DJ dance party wraps it up!
- Relax at the R&R Tent and catch your favorite college football team courtesy of Bank of Central Florida’s Tailgate!
- Explore, learn, shop & eat at the Expo with Food, Business, Makers, and Non-Profits!
- Big Brothers Big Sisters of Tampa Bay take food to the next level with Restaurant Week, Tampa Food Truck Rally and “Little Bites” Challenge!
- Kids’ Breezeway! courtesy of Publix Super Markets, Inc.
- Grab a map at the Highland Homes Tent and seek the treasure in our Treasure Hunt!
- Marvel at the exhibition-style thrills & spills at Water Ski Shows by the Lakeland Water Ski Club!
- Compete in the Pirates on the Promenade Costume Contest by CPS Investment Advisors!
- And much more…
Experience live music, family fun + great tastes – Lakeland style!
Exclusive Marketing Sponsor:
Exclusive Beer Sponsor:
Bernie Little Distributing, LLC
Exclusive Wine Sponsor:
Tucker’s Southside Package & Lounge
Publix Super Markets, Inc.
“Big 4” WONN/WPCV/WLKF/WWRZ Radio
Big Brothers Big Sisters of Tampa Bay – serving Polk County since 1970
Watson Clinic LLP
Salute to Veterans Sponsor:
Bank of Central Florida
CPS Investment Advisors
City of Lakeland;
Lakeland Surgical & Diagnostic Center
Lanier Upshaw, Inc.
SERVPRO of Lakeland
Community Partners: JBT Corporation & Saddle Creek Logistics Services
Print Media Sponsor: Ledger Media Group
Radio Sponsor: “Big 4” WONN/WPCV/WLKF/WWRZ Radio
Bottled Water Sponsor: Crystal Springs
The Lakeland Chamber of Commerce
The Lakeland Chamber of Commerce represents 1,400 member businesses in the Lakeland area and provides opportunities for networking, professional development and advocacy for companies of all sizes. Five-Star Accredited by the US Chamber of Commerce, the Chamber upholds the following vision and mission statements: Vision Statement – The Lakeland Chamber of Commerce will be the premier catalyst for the advancement of Lakeland’s economic growth and enhancement of quality of life– creating Florida’s community of choice. Mission Statement – The Lakeland Chamber of Commerce is the leading organization dedicated to creating a climate where business can prosper.