Need to Hire Workers?
Apply for Florida Back to Work
Polk Works Pay 95%, Employer Pays 5%
Important and Time Sensitive Notice:
The Florida Back to Work program has just been announced. It will provide up to a 95 percent reimbursement to Florida’s businesses to cover the costs of employee wages and benefits. All available jobs listed under the Florida Back to Work program will be posted on the Employ Florida Marketplace – employflorida.com. The initial Florida Back to Work grants will be awarded on February 1, 2010. The Florida Back to Work Program can provide up to $200 million in federal funding for jobs for Floridians who receive, or are eligible to receive, Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF), and can create nearly 25,500 jobs based on a $12 per hour salary. Please contact Polk Works for more information at 863-508-1600 or go to www.floridajobs.org/workforce/backtowork/ .
- What is the benefit to employers?
The Florida Back to Work program will provide up to a 95 percent reimbursement to cover the costs of employee wages and benefits. Employers will need to contribute the in-kind cost of the employee supervision and training and a cash contribution to cover the remaining 5 percent cost.
- Are all employers eligible?
Public, private for-profit businesses and not-for-profit entities can participate.
- Who is operating Florida Back to Work?
The Florida Back to Work program is a partnership between AWI, WFI and DCF and will be administered through the state’s 24 Regional Workforce Boards.
- How can I find out about job listings?
Participating employers will post job openings on the Employ Florida Marketplace – employflorida.com.
- When will the jobs be available?
The initial round of proposals will be due from the RWBs on January 15, 2010
The initial Florida Back to Work grants will be awarded on February 1, 2010