I thought of a couple of friends when I saw thisÂ article. It references why companies should jump into the Web 2.0 world, and details the bad habits of some others. For those that don’t know, Web 2.0 is a general term for the interaction on the web (social media like Facebook and Linkedin as well as Â blogging, and micro blogging like TwitterÂ Â among a lot of other areas). A better definition can be found here.
So if you are interested in your organization diving in or just interested into what i am talking about, make sure you at least ask these “bigger” queestions before you consider these media channels:Â
- Are we willing to not just listen, but to respond and adapt based on the back and forth?Â
– Are we willing to become active participants – not just in our channels but in the other channels and spaces as well?Â
– Are we willing to change the focus from being about our company to being about everybody – us, them and the entire community?Â
– Are we willing to be participants with just as much fervour and passion when it’s not good for us, but good for the community or the industry as a whole?Â
– Are we willing to be open?Â
– Are we willing to be really, really open and transparent?
I am not even sure that i can answer yes to the questions on all the projects i have worked on, but now I will. Â I hope you take a look at the article and other articles on this so called new media. Media as we know it is changing, and changing fast, where will your company be?