The County will hold a training for ePlan, Polk County’s web based Electronic Plan Review system (ProjectDox a software produced by Avolve) in the GM Conference Room located on the 2nd floor of the Neil Combee Administration Building, 330 W Church St, Bartow Florida 33830 on the following dates and times.
October 11, 2011 – 8:30 a.m. to 10:00 a.m.
October 14, 2011 – 8:30 a.m. to 10:30 a.m.
October 17, 2011 – 8:30 a.m. to 10:30 a.m.
To register for one of the training sessions, please contact Charlotte Fillmore at 863-534-6488 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Who should attend?
A. Contractors, Architects, Engineers, and/or anyone who submits plans to the Building Division to be reviewed by County Plans Examiners (such as staff in Building, Fire, etc.) prior to permit issuance.
Why would I submit plans electronically?
A. Saves customers money.
· Using digital files drastically reduces paper consumption and the cost to manage and store paper documents.
· Reduces the number of trips clients need to make to submit and resubmit building plans and eliminating multiple blueprint submission sets.
· Citizens have access (24/7) to a secure, fast and convenient system to submit/resubmit plans
· Centralizing plans and documents gives complete visibility to all departments and stakeholders, reducing confusion as to what changes have been made, by whom and when
· Parallel review facilitates increased communication, accuracy and reduces/shortens resubmission cycle(s)
· Plan review from remote locations allows for telecommuting, trip reductions for citizens and couriers, energy and environmental conservation
· Improved accuracy of the data being transmitted and contained on the plans and reduced numbers of permits and plans being filed by non-licensed architects, engineers or contractors
Is ePlan (ProjectDox) a secure web application?
A. ePlan uses the same browser security deployed by online banking sites. When combined with network and application security best practices deployed by your jurisdiction, ProjectDox ePlan technology will provide a secure collaboration environment for the citizen and government project stakeholders.