LAKELAND, Fla. | Residents are invited to a town hall discussion on tornado recovery efforts
Social service providers will be available to help those affected by the tornado that devastated homes and other structures on October 18. Representatives from the following organizations will be available to answer questions.
· American Red Cross of Central Florida
· Central Florida Regional Planning Council
· Church At The Mall
· The Florida Conference of the United Methodist Church
· Polk County Government
· Polk County Health Department
· Rebuilding Polk After Disaster
· The Salvation Army of Lakeland and West Polk County
· United Way of Central Florida
A food pantry will also be open to serve those in need.
The meeting is Thursday, November 7 at Mt. Tabor Baptist Church, located at 3504 Mt Tabor Rd. in Lakeland, from 4 p.m. to 7 p.m
About United Way of Central Florida
A philanthropic leader locally and regionally, United Way of Central Florida works to improve lives and strengthen our communities. They focus in the areas of education, income and health because these are the building blocks for a good quality of life and to bring people and organizations together from all across the community. United Way of Central Florida leads and works collectively on solutions to our most pressing community needs. To learn more, visit www.uwcf.org.