WE ONLY NEEDED HALF:
– Save $2000 in 1 year.
– Take a vacation. You have an extra $2000.
– And add an average of 10 years to your life.
– That’s 70 in dog years.
– Woof! – That’s your dog thanking you.
– BTW… dogs lower blood pressure.
– So does quitting tobacco.
– And your risk of heart attack is cut in half after 1 year.
– In 5 years, your risk of dying from lung cancer drops big time.
– So you can spend more time with family.
– Unless your family is the reason you smoke.
– In that case, just hang out with the dog.
– Dogs don’t judge.
– They do smell bad sometimes.
– But you won’t if you quit smoking.
– Neither will your car.
– Nor your clothes.
– Nor your hair.
– Even your nails will be healthier.
– No one likes yellow nails.
– Unless you’re a vampire.
– Then it’s kinda cool, otherwise… not so much.
– But overall, you’ll just look better.
– And stop aging prematurely.
– Which means more swipe rights.
– And less ashtray breath.
– Which means more second dates.
– And a happier dental hygienist.
– Who won’t lecture you about your teeth anymore.
– Because you’ll feel guilt-free….about smoking.
– Not the other stuff.
– Can’t help you there.
– And if you have kids, they’ll be less likely to smoke if you quit.
– But if they do, you’ll be more likely to catch them.
– Because of your increased lung capacity.
– Cuz your lung function will improve by 30% in 3 months.
– And if you’re trying to have kids, it can help prevent low sperm count.
– So you can have the darling rugrats.
– And take them on more road trips.
– With the $2000 you saved.
– We hear Alaska is nice.
– You know what else is nice?
– Not spilling your dip cup on mom’s new carpet she just had put in.
– Not having to stand alone in the rain to smoke.
– And not having to hide your smoking from your spouse.
– That’s no bueno.
– Unless you own stock in breath mints.
– What you will own is a better sense of smell.
– So you can taste your spouse’s cooking again.
– Which we hope is not a CON.
– Quitting will also lower your risk of throat cancer.
– Pancreatic cancer.
– Breast cancer.
– While boosting your immune system.
– Decreasing your risk of diabetes.
– And your risk of dying in a fire.
– Because of the whole falling asleep while smoking thing.
– It happens, trust us.
– These are only a few of the pros.
– We’ll use both sides next time.
Visit tobaccofreeflorida.com/quityourway to access free tools and services like Phone Quit, Group Quit and Web Quit to help you quit your way.
Guest blog provided by Taher Hamid, Tobacco Policy Coordinator with the Florida Department of Health – Polk
The Lakeland Chamber of Commerce is dedicated to promoting worksite wellness among its investor businesses. That’s why we have partnered with Tobacco Free Polk, the proud sponsor of a new Smoke Free Business Initiative. By completeing the Tobacco Free Florida Worksite Wellness Assessment, TFW_Assessment_Editable, and returning it to Tobacco Free Polk staff, Juli.Davis@FLHealth.gov, your business will receive TWO FREE tickets to an upcoming Business After Hours event.