Watson Clinic presents the BIG Event Poster Contest
LAKELAND, FLORIDA (July 13, 2017) — Creative input needed for local poster contest! Submit original poster artwork – with 2017 theme, Pirates on the Promenade, for the 2017 BIG Event on Saturday, November 11, 2017. Prize for the winner is a $350 cash award, and recognition at the BIG Event. The winning artwork design will also be featured on the official 2017 posters for the BIG Event and will be available for purchase at the event. The entry should communicate a message of Pirates on the Promenade.
The Watson Clinic Poster Contest is open to all Polk County residents, any age. The entry must be a two-dimensional drawing, photo, painting, or digital file (.jpg or png) no larger than 11” x 17” and must be in portrait orientation.
Send entries to: Lakeland Chamber of Commerce, c/o Watson Clinic BIG Event Poster Contest, 35 Lake Morton Dr, Lakeland, FL 33801.
The deadline for submitting entries is Monday, September 25, 2017, midnight. The winner will be notified on Monday, October 2, 2017.
Award: One (1) winner will receive a $350 cash award, and their winning image will be showcased on promotional materials for the BIG Event (Saturday, 11/11/17), and printed, signed & numbered editions will be available for purchase at the event. The poster will promote the BIG Event through 2018, until the next contest winner.
For complete rules and regulations, please visit our event listing at http://business.lakelandchamber.com/events/details/big-event-lakeland-pirates-on-the-promenade-5031, or at https://goo.gl/XjWGJ4
What is the BIG Event? Saturday, November 11, 2017, 4:00 pm – 10:00 pm
The BIG Event Lakeland is a free music fest featuring local businesses, makers, and delicious food! The event kicks off with the Red Ribbon Run Corporate Award and the Watson Clinic Poster Contest Award, immediately followed by a special Salute to Veterans by Green Construction. Then enjoy nonstop entertainment! Celebrate the best of Lakeland at this FREE music fest! The Lakeland Chamber of Commerce in partnership with InnerAct Alliance and Big Brothers Big Sisters Polk present the second annual BIG Event Lakeland – and theme Pirates on the Promenade for 2017! The iconic and historical Frances Ford Langford Promenade at Lake Mirror Amphitheatre is the perfect backdrop for local fun on Saturday, November 11, 2017, from 4:00 pm to 10:00 pm!
What’s there to do?
- Honor our Veterans at our Salute to Veterans by Green Construction!
- Red Ribbon Corporate & CEO Run & Awards – compete against last year’s winner Allen & Company of Florida, and their team “Phat Assets,” for the coveted traveling trophy!
- Enter the Watson Clinic BIG Event Poster Contest with theme Pirates on the Promenade – open to all ages!
- Enjoy live local music until 8pm, then a DJ dance party wraps it up!
- Relax at the R&R Tent and catch your favorite college football team courtesy of Bank of Central Florida’s Tailgate!
- Explore, learn, shop & eat at the Expo with Food, Business, Makers, and Non-Profits!
- People’s Choice Food Truck “Bites” Challenge by Big Brothers Big Sisters Polk
- Kids’ Breezeway! courtesy of Publix Super Markets, Inc.
- Grab a map at the Highland Homes Tent and seek the treasure in our Treasure Hunt!
- Marvel at the exhibition-style thrills & spills at Water Ski Shows by the Lakeland Water Ski Club!
- Compete in the Pirates on the Promenade Costume Contest by CPS Investment Advisors!
- And much more…
Experience live music, family fun + great tastes – Lakeland style!
Publix Super Markets, Inc.
“Big 4” WONN/WPCV/WLKF/WWRZ Radio
Watson Clinic LLP
Salute to Veterans Sponsor:
Bank of Central Florida
CPS Investment Advisors
Lakeland Surgical & Diagnostic Center
Lanier Upshaw, Inc.
Ledger Media Group
“Big 4” WONN/WPCV/WLKF/WWRZ Radio
Saddle Creek Logistics Services
The Lakeland Chamber of Commerce
The Lakeland Chamber of Commerce represents 1,400 member businesses in the Lakeland area and provides opportunities for networking, professional development and advocacy for companies of all sizes. Five-Star Accredited by the US Chamber of Commerce, the Chamber upholds the following vision and mission statements: Vision Statement – The Lakeland Chamber of Commerce will be the premier catalyst for the advancement of Lakeland’s economic growth and enhancement of quality of life– creating Florida’s community of choice. Mission Statement – The Lakeland Chamber of Commerce is the leading organization dedicated to creating a climate where business can prosper.
(863) 688-8551 ext. 229 – office
(863) 221-2678 – cell