The American Cancer Society is looking to fill its Fund the Cure Lead position for its Lakeland Relay for Life Committee. See the job description below. Those interested should contact Danielle Harris, Community Manager, Relay For Life, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
FUND THE CURE LEAD
The fund the cure lead drives the fundraising and mission education of the American Cancer
Society and the Relay For Life program within the community.
Individuals in this role are organized and dedicated to the strategic development and execution of
educating the public about the mission, advocacy, and education efforts of the American Cancer
Society that seeks to eradicate cancer and engage them in activities that promote the Society’s
value proposition to save lives and help people stay well, get well, find cures, and fight back.
SPECIFIC TASKS CAN INCLUDE:
• Assist people lead and experience lead in recruiting Event Leadership Team members.
• Assist and mentor the mission lead, ACS CAN lead, registration lead, accounting lead,
fundraising lead, and sponsorship lead.
• Provide guidance and support in developing a strategic plan to educate the community on the
mission and advocacy efforts of the American Cancer Society and the Relay For Life program.
• Partner with the Relay For Life specialist to create and execute development strategy to grow
the mission and advocacy connection and quality of the event.
• Meet with event lead and Relay For Life specialist monthly or bi-monthly to benchmark goals